Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. Nightmare Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. Sb10 Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. 21o6g49

Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning.

+2
Lynjabear
Frashu
6 posters

Go down

Want Nightmare's Own Tier?

Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. I_vote_lcap64%Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. I_vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]
Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. I_vote_lcap36%Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 11

Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. Empty Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:08 pm

As some of you may know smogon is doing another suspect round of banning pokemon.

Here are the pokemon that are being suspected

~ExcadrillNightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. 530- This pokemon has been giving broken a new name. With 604 speed in sandstorm and 700 attack after one swords dance it can really rape your team.The only thing that stops Excadrill sweeps are Gliscor and Conkeldurr's which people mostly don't carry it on their team.
Excadrill gets rid of some of the most threatening pokes in the OU metagame.

ReuinclusNightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. 579- Reuinclus is a very bulky pokemon just give it full evs in HP and DEF, get a couple of CM in and your ready to screw your opponents team. Even Excadrill, that is if he doesn't carry X-Scizzor . Reuinclus shows no fear to weather abusers, Tyranitar? Please Reuinclus has focus blast. Politoad? It can't even KO when it gets one CM in . Ninetails? He is only good for setting status hazards such as Will-O-Wisp and Toxic but with Magic Guard it shows no fear.

ThundurusNightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. 642- Yes , yes I'm just as surprised as you are, just kidding. I for one hate this pokemon! I never use it at all! Thundurus can sweep your whole team with just one nasty plot and choice banded azumarill with aqua jet doesn't even 1hitKo Thundurus. It's a constant weather war between Excadrill and Thundurus, who will be the victor? Who will overcome each other's brokeness? Cloyster with a shell smash is the only pokemon that can stop Thundurus other than Excadrill in Sandstorm.
Multiscale Dragonite? I don't think so! HP Ice or stab Thunderbolt will take care of that oversized dragon with a nasty plot or 2.

Most people here follow smogon. If smogon continues to ban pokemon there will be at least 30 usuable pokemon in the metagame . I'm making this thread because I want Nightmare to make it's own tier list but we need supporters to do so because most people here follow smogon.Why make a new tier if there's only going to be 3 people following it? That was a issue before but now, I'm trying to change that and hopefully there will be a very own " Nightmare's Tier " .

Please comment if you want Nightmare to make its own tier and what you think of Smogon constantly banning pokemon.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Leo on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. Empty Re: Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning.

Post by Frashu Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:25 pm

I don't understand the thread here. Excadrill being banned? Gladly. Thundurus being banned? Okay. Reuniclus being banned? Probably won't.

Suspect means it'll be under testing due to having some sort of relevence in metagame centralization. Excadrill, with a mediocre 2 reliable counters, (Skarmory not being able to beat it 1 v 1) centralizes the metagame for the reason of simple sweeping with +2 SD.

Although Reuniclus doesn't deserve to be banned due to it's Psychic typing, giving it weakness to Dark, Ghost, and Bug. I'm guessing that's the reason why you think Smogon is retarded? Probably won't go through the Suspect into ubers anyway.

Thundurus has 111 speed outspeeding nearly half the metagame barring Scarfers. With unstoppable coverage and Nasty Plot, I'm sure there's not much to counter it in the end. (Not even Blissey)

And so, if the main reason of this thread is to create Nightmare tiers, then all right then. As of so far, I haven't seen many mistakes from Smogon.
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning. Empty Re: Nightmare needs their own tier plus Smogon keeps banning.

Post by Lynjabear Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 pm

The only pokemon I find truly broken out of the ones above is excadrill. Excadrill is nearly unstoppable this generation, and has brought sandstorm into comptetitive play far too much. I feel like every other team I fight is a sandstorm one. However, some common pokemon can force it out, such as gliscor, balloon heatran, or skarmory.

Thunderus is a pest, but I've never actually considered it broken or a threat. It was often used as a lead, so a way to take care of it is to simply kill it before it can use nasty plot and another move. It loses to essentially all anti-leads and often uses taunt turn one, allowing opponents to 2hko it before it really has a chance to shine. It is a special attacker, and is walled by bliss and chance, and dislikes porygon2 as well. It even loses to the common lead tyranitar (w/focus sash).

Reuniclus is annoying, but not unstoppable. I've found that one of the top pokemon, scizor, kill it quite effectively, using pursuit to trap it, or alternatively getting a free swords dance in the process. Those lacking psycho shock don't like taking blissey either. Also, it hates taunt.

Even though I don't understand some of the banning, Smogon knows well. People make fun of them, but really, they are dedicated to pokemon and are trying to do their best. They know what they are doing, so Smogon tiers do have validity. They also do tests for the tiers, so smogoning isn't always bad.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:02 am

Nightmare is dedicated to pokemon as well and we're trying to do our best too .
I think Nightmare needs its own tiers to avoid all this banning crap . I really don't like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:34 pm

I personally can see many mistakes coming from Smogon and I'll give all support to create our own tiers.
Smogon underrates many pokes and overrates a selected few.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm not sure if this will ever be "big" or well-respected in the world of pokemon, but I do like the idea of unbanning/banning some pokemon. Also, I'd really like a larger BL tier and smaller NU tier.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Eh we've tried Tiers before but not enough people showed intrest like I said in chat when you brought this up we'd only be willing to put that much time and effort in if people support it and I for one won't do it with anything less than at least 15 people wanting their own Tiers.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah, It would be really cool to have our own tiers and expand the Tiers list.
It looks like we're going to have to get 15 supporters here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Smogon are fags, Plus i don't want them to banned Reuniclus its my jelly baby. Plus wouldn't it be a bit hard putting every single pokemon into a tier? But other than that its ok

Jamie
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Smogon is so ignorant. When all the DW abilitys become released they will ban half of the pokemon. Just like how they banned Blaziken permanitly instead of banning just his SpeedBoost ability. Do you guys really want this to happen to the pokemon? If your voting no, please rethink your decision. Nightmare's Tiers is very important to us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Just to refresh some memories: Smogon didn't handle Gen 4 well, and it's doing terribly bad at Gen 5. Here are some exemples of Gen 4:

1. Espeon: This buddy has high special attack and speed, and had access to Calm Mind. It could run on UU all every day without problems, and even do nice damage on OU, BUT it was NU last Gen.

2. Heracross: This was Smogon's most idiot decision. It started as OU, which should have been its tier. But it then became UU, dominating that tier completely. It was then changed to BL. For those who don't remember, BL had only 11 Pokemon in it. Can that be called a tier? Was it possible to have a BL team or a BL tourney? Nope, Smogon never cared about any tier but OU and what was "broken" to be there in their opinion.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 pm

That is true with the support problem. Last time we tried to make tiers, I noticed that the tier thread was locked to all viewers and hadn't been touched since march or may. So far, we've only 5 supporters, but that may change in a little while.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 pm

It wasn't locked to all viewers. Only admins could post on the tiers, that was it. It was not locked from viewers.

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:29 pm

This is ridiculous. Smogon has made some mistakes in the past, but I can bet you our tiers would have more mistakes than Smogon's ever did. I'd be very happy if Excadrill was banned, but the rest probably won't go into ubers.

Safiliwen wrote:Eh we've tried Tiers before but not enough people showed intrest like I said in chat when you brought this up we'd only be willing to put that much time and effort in if people support it and I for one won't do it with anything less than at least 15 people wanting their own Tiers.

Yes, most people will still use Smogon's tiers anyway. No one ever used the old tiers we had (although, they were outdated). And I don't know about you, but I'm sure as hell not categorizing 649 Pokemon into tiers for fifteen people. Obviously, others could do it, but it would simply be a waste of time and effort.

Smogon knows what they're doing. Have they made mistakes? Sure. But the majority of their decisions are well analyzed and thought out. I don't want a metagame centralized around a few over-powered Pokemon, and I can't imagine why anyone else would either.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Eduardo Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:59 pm

We didn't have tiers. Those were test lists to make our tiers.
Excadrill a problem? That's not true. The problem itself is Sandstorm + Sand Rush. If that combination were banned as Drzzle + Swift Swim is, there'd be no problem.
Eduardo
Eduardo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:09 pm

If you guys don't want to put work into these tiers just for 15 people to use, I don't know about you but i'll put in the work if you let me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down