Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Underpowered - NU for OU EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Underpowered - NU for OU 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Underpowered - NU for OU Nightmare Underpowered - NU for OU Sb10 Underpowered - NU for OU 21o6g49

Underpowered - NU for OU

4 posters

Go down

Underpowered - NU for OU Empty Underpowered - NU for OU

Post by Lynjabear Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:10 pm

One day, sitting on my bed with my laptop (where I am currently sitting), I decided that I would make a pseudo-troll team. A team that was NU and could take on the monsters of OU. The team I am using I believe is NU, though the tiers aren't set in stone and I might have to change my team around if it does change. I need a definite improvement, as I want this to troll face the OU tier 100% of the time, while this team only wins about 60-75% of the time. Please help your fellow nightmare-er out!

You may notice that I have very few defensive and support pokemon. This is probably because I am hyper-offensive...all of my teams look like this...(and besides, how many NU walls actually work?)

Sorry about the lack of pictures D:

*Note – If I have marked something with a Slash, it means that I am unsure what item or move to use. The first thing listed is what I am currently using. Anything after a slash is something I am considering. The closer it is to the left-hand margin, the more of a probability that I will use it.

Wings (Butterfree) (F) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Bug Buzz

Ivs: all 31 except attack and defense.

Basic overview –

Wings is my lead. Her purpose is to outspeed practically every lead with a choice scarf, and then put them to sleep. Sleep powder has a shaky accuracy of 75 on practically every other pokemon, but with Compoundeyes, the accuracy shoots up to 97.5%. Stun spore has the same accuracy boost, and has an added bonus of being able to paralyze ground and pokemon with lightningrod. U-turn is also very important, scouting potential espeon switch-ins predicting a bounced sleep powder and escaping my personally most encountered lead, taunt thunderus as well as other taunters. This is the same set as the smogon Gen 4 sleep powder set except that I relocated the 4 def Evs to Sdef, as it won’t be surviving any physical shots anyways. Also, I use hidden power ice over Bug Buzz because of the nice ability to revenge-kill low health dnite and gliscor, the first of which can cause hefty trouble for my team. I still do like bug buzz because it is STAB and isn’t half bad over the decent base 80 SpA stat butterfree has. Instead of having perfect Evs in all but speed, I changed the Evs around so I still maintain a 31 IV in speed and still Hp Ice.

Personal opinion –

I personally think that this is a great lead. It almost always gets its job done correctly, and can often come in late-game for a handy status on an opposing, problematic pokemon. I don’t really want to replace this because it gets its job done so well, but I can if there is a better option that can fulfill a similar purpose. Also, I like when I send it out and some users who have never seen it before are like “what the *beep* is that?” and have no way of countering it. Very Happy

Jake (Tauros) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide/Wild Bolt
- Fire Blast

Basic overview -

Jake! Jake is the speedy powerhouse. With a jolly nature, tauros hits 350 Speed, enough to outspeed essentially all of NU and most of OU. Encourage negates life orb’s negative effects except on earthquake, and is the preferable option over choice band because it has no recoil and can still switch moves. Rock climb is mandatory STAB and reaches a massive 221 BP after all the boosts. Earthquake is necessary for coverage, and the last slot is a toss-up, meaning I have no idea what to put in that slot. Zen headbutt hits Roopushin and Gengar, while Wild Bolt hits bulky waters (jellicent, vaporeon), but also has great recoil, from both Life Orb and from the move itself. Rock Slide has great coverage alongside EQ. Although fire blast looks incredibly weak off of Tauros’s measly base 40 SpA, it is only used to hit pokemon with a 4x weakness such as ferrothorn, scizor, and genesect, and gets a nice life orb and encourage boost.

Opinion –

The tauros does okay. It’s not especially good, but it works, and I really like the speed it has. I’m completely open to switching this out for another pokemon, but I need that pokemon to be NU, and hit hard and be very fast. For example, this speed ties with Lati@s and Gengar.

Voice (Chatot) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Tangled Feet
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Voice

Basic Overview –

The reason I picked chatot for this job is because of its speed and its access to encore. Also, it has good synergy with manetric. It can come in on an earthquake, encore, and then set up, and can switch out and give manetric a boost to avoid electric attacks. Both abilities are relatively useless, so it really doesn’t matter which one to pick. However, confusion is slightly more common than anti-accuracy moves, so tangled feet is the better option. Pigeon heart is illegal with heat wave, and is useless anyways. Chatot actually gets pretty scary after +2, and can take opponents such as ferrothorn for a surprise with heat wave. Another thing that is nice is that heat wave can 0hko Scizor right off the bat with heat wave, no boosts. Hyper voice is the STAB move of choice, and has 90 base power. Focus sash is because this can’t take shots at all. I’ve tried life orb, but simply put, it doesn’t work that well.

Personal Opinion –

This pokemon I want to replace. I need something that can use encore fast and has nice immunities, or something that can use air balloon and can use a quick encore. I’ve been considering Raichu with air balloon and lightningrod, but for some reason, it never shows up on PO, so I’ve never had an opportunity to try it out. Also, the speed is a little of a letdown because 91 speed really isn’t that fast in OU. Also, it brings my total of electric weaknesses to 3, though that is kind-of purposeful to abuse lightningrod with manetric.

Jaeger (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Brick Break

Basic Overview –

Jaeger does massive damage. He usually is the second pokemon I send out while the opponent is asleep from the butterfree, and is my go-to for a U-turned espeon. The strategy is to Dragon Dance once or twice and then kill with one of the STAB moves. With adaptability, Crunch and Waterfall are doubled in power, and those two attacks alone have fearsome coverage in the OU metagame. The notable exception is ferrothorn, the reason why Brick Break is used in the last slot. Another bonus of this convenient typing is that jellicent, which usually can stay in long enough to trouble physical attackers with burn, is easily KO’d by an adaptability-backed Crunch. Also, Dragonite has difficulty standing up to repeated crunches. With a jolly nature and after a dragon dance, Jaeger reaches 343 speed and ridiculous attack, and is strong enough to punch massive holes in the tier. Focus sash is for pokemon that wake up early and for pokemon that survive a hit. Life orb has been used, but is not as effective, as life orb effectively turns this into a glass cannon and seriously limits turns able to kill things.

Personal Opinion –

I really like this pokemon. It usually gets 2 or more kills per battle, and has swept whole teams. I’d prefer it if this is kept the way it is, but sometimes the +1 speed isn’t enough and faster pokemon (especially scarfers) can waste my turns of setup. I like its physical style and typing, as it is a great electric-type lure, but I could replace it. I am thinking of an Encourage feraligatr but I’ve never tried it out before, but I’m not sure if it is NU or UU. If someone has a set for a ferraligatr I could try out, it would be great, and other suggestions for another teammate would be nice as well.

Bolt (Manectric) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Basic Overview –

I don’t even understand why manetric is NU. This thing is great. Manetric has base 105 speed and base 105 spA, and has access to fire-type moves such as flamethrower and overheat. Manetric is mainly a revenge killer but can also cripple walls with switcheroo, the mammalian equivalent of trick. Overheat surprises grass-types and pokemon such as jirachi and all of the 4x fire weaknesses, thunderbolt is powerful and is the main STAB attack, and Hidden Power Ice provides the beam-bolt coverage. I abuse lightningrod because of the whopping 3 electric weaknesses on my team, which allows to me get a nice special attack boost when coming in. Even when locked into one move +1 special attack +1 Speed manetric is actually pretty scary. Not many people have seen a manetric before, and often underestimate its power, which helps Bolt out. The ground-type weakness also functions as a lure for ground type moves, which then can be encored by chatot.

Personal Opinion –

You would more easily get me to sell my mother than part with this thing. (Joking, joking…) I refuse to change the pokemon, but the nature could change and the item could switch. Also, I’m not sure if I should still run overheat or if I should change it to flamethrower, as the opponent often takes it as a free turn to set up as I switch out. Flamethrower also (probably) nets the same Kos as overheat, and overheat can give away that I am a choice user.

Shadow (Absol) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Superpower

Basic Overview –

I love my absol. This is actually my only pokemon with priority, and can kill a sweeper with too many speed boosts behind it. Absol can 2hko most pokemon in the game with a combination of its moves. Absol hasn’t gotten any upgrades going into gen 5, but old tactics can still work in a new generation. Swords dance boosts the already monsterous 394 attack stat to incredible heights, and sucker punch remedies basil’s subpart speed and has the added bonus of being the most powerful priority move in the game (well, extremespeed is the same power). Night slash and super luck cause a very common flinch ratio, and superpower gives Absol coverage. Absol doesn’t appreciate the attack drop, but it is a necessary evil to take down the likes of ferrothorn and Excadrill. Unfortunately, Justice Heart is illegal with superpower. If justice heart was legal with superpower, then absol’s dark typing could serve as a lure for its own ability and could potentially gain +3 attack in a single turn of setup. Absol often plays mind games with the opponent with sucker punch, another reason why night slash is necessary.

Opinion –

I would really like to keep the absol because of its utility and the fact that it is the only priority user on my team. If you have a better option, I will try it out, but I would like to keep Shadow as a member of my team.

Team Problems and Threats –

1. Dragonite – Dragonite is my number one threat. Multiscale and roost varieties trouble me the most, as most of my pokemon don’t have the power to beat it. This is the main reason why I use hidden power ice so much. I usually try to take it out with crawdaunt, though huge issues occur if it survives crunch and paralyses me. For this reason, I am considering a lum berry on crawdaunt. Also, the priority in extremespeed can cause me serious issues.

2. Cloyster – Cloyster can also give me grief as well. After a shell smash, it outspeeds every single one of my pokemon (a reason why I am considering timid on manetric) and because its hits are multi-shot, my focus sashes do not work on its icicle spear. I have a big ice weakness, and my usual hope to defeat it is to play mind games with absol. Problem is, Ice Shard has greater priority than sucker punch, but, at +2, it cannot 0hko absol with ice shard, and at +4, absol has a focus sash. Usually, if absol is at full health, I can night slash and then sucker punch it. The big problem is when absol is gone.

3. Tyranitar – Tyranitar gives all of my special attackers trouble, though is less of a threat than Cloyster. Dragon Dance versions are the most troublesome, and the sandstorm wrecks the focus sashes that half of my team uses. Also, after a dragon dance, it outspeeds my pokemon and bolt can’t do that much with thunderbolt. It even resists sucker punch. Usually, I can defeat it, but sometimes, I have to sacrifice either absol or crawdaunt to survive a hit with a sash, 0hko it, and then fall to the sandstorm.

4. Conkeldurr – Conkeldurr gives absol trouble mostly and is bulky enough and powerful enough that mach punches can rain on my parade. I can stop it with several of my pokemon, but my best way to take care of it is to lure it out with absol, then switch to chatot and encore the bulk up.

5. Lati Twins – These two mischief makers can ruin my day if absol is gone. Absol can 0hko both with no boosts with sucker punch, and crawdaunt has an easy time with them if it has dragon danced, but otherwise, these can cause great trouble. Specs/Scarf Latios bothers me most because it doesn’t die to hidden power ice and can do impressive damage to my poorly defended team.

6. Scizor – Scizor can be a great problem if it gets a swords dance up, as it can destroy several of my team members with bullet punch. It resists sucker punch, so usually my best bet is to go to bolt and hit it with overheat. If bolt is fainted, I have Wings sleep it, and can use chatot. It often comes in on Chatot only to be hit with heat wave, which is always nice.

7. Gliscor – Gliscor usually gives absol problems, especially if it wins a sucker punch mind-game and gets a substitute up, and maybe even a swords dance. If that happens, I have to sacrifice both absol and one of my special attackers in order to take it out. Also, it often switches in on a thunderbolt, which can be very annoying. This is one reason why I am considering expert belt for bolt.

8. Ferrothorn – Ferrothorn mainly gives crawdaunt trouble, but isn’t that much of a threat otherwise. I have 2 fire-type users and it can become set-up fodder for absol, who can SD up and then hit it with superpower.

9. Stealth Rock (ers) – Stealth rock is my worst enemy. Because this is actually a very offensive NU team, SR guarantees a lot of 0hkos on many of my team members, and, worst of all, breaks all my sashes. I try to sleep the lead before my opponent can use the move, so usually it isn’t a problem. However, pokemon that set SR up mid-game such as heatran and blissey can ruin whole strategies and ways to counter pokemon with the entry hazard.

Please offer suggestions!
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Underpowered - NU for OU Empty Re: Underpowered - NU for OU

Post by Danye West Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Well alot of your team has Focus sash.. if the opponent gets Stealth rocks up then half of your team doesn't have items and your butterfree would get effed up. And also once Manectric is down a Thunderus could pretty much sweep your team with Stealth rocks up. (When butterfree comes in he could easily just switch out.) So maybe a spinner?
Danye West
Danye West
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:02 pm

have any suggestions for an NU spinner? yeah, a lot of my team has Fsash....(because NU pokemon have terrible defenses in general)

Is blastoise NU? it might be useful...
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm

You basically just said "This team is great! Except it is weak to every common threat in the entire game!" I'll think of suggestions. Razz
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:52 pm

* RU . I don't think there's a NU yet. And your team is pretty good. I would know cause I battled it myself. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Hmmm butterfree could be replaced with Venemoth it does the job better tbh unless Venemoth is UU and I didn't even know it =p But yeah that's all I can think of right now will post again if I get any other ideas.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:07 pm

I like butterfree because it is NU (vene is UU, I think) and because sleep powerder gets 97.5 accuracy from compoundeyes. does venemoth get compoudeyes? because if it does, that is probably better, because it can alleviate my severe ice-weakness.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum