Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 Nightmare Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 Sb10 Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 21o6g49

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

+3
Aaron
Awakening
buckthefuffalo
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

Post by Safiliwen Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Camp out? You mean Pokémons still THAT big over there?
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y Nintendo Direct Tomorrow

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:29 pm

No, but I want to be like the first in this area to play it. Pokemon's small here. The Rumble U boxes are full to the brim.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Hey, I'm going to have to get somewhere really early so I can get my spot for Comic Con. ;3
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 pm

NYCC is one of the biggest nerd events in America doe.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Yeah. The lines to get are going to be really big from what I hear. I really want to get my copy of X before I head over though. I doubt I'll get bored, but I could meet a lot of people with it.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Cons are a great place for Pokemon. Ours held a 4th Gen county championship in like 2010. Which I won. But still, you get to stomp meet a bunch of faggots good battlers.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Nice nice! I'm looking forward to it a lot, really. I just want to make sure to get X before. No places near by are doing midnight releases that I know of...
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Depends how early you get the starters cause yolo. And blastoise looks like he tears shit up and charizard looks like he would be good in bed in battles.. But fennekin is my muse!
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:45 pm

I am kinda Switzerland on Blastoise atm. He looks good and his ability sounds nice, but I don't think he has the stats to do what they're repurposing him to do. Also, I like how before Mega Kangaskhan came out, I predicted Kangaskhan. And before WyvernZard came out, I predicted Charizard. Too. FUCKING. Good.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Korasi wrote:I am kinda Switzerland on Blastoise atm. He looks good and his ability sounds nice, but I don't think he has the stats to do what they're repurposing him to do. Also, I like how before Mega Kangaskhan came out, I predicted Kangaskhan. And before WyvernZard came out, I predicted Charizard. Too. FUCKING. Good.
I'll give you Kangaskhan, but Charizard was easy as fuck to guess and I've seen other people (both on and outside here) predicting it. It is one of the most popular Pokemon after all.

As far as Blastoise's stats go, let's not forget that stat changes can happen with Mega forms too. For all we know Blastoise could have offensive stats through the roof. On the other hand, I can't really see them giving it more speed, but maybe we'll get a decent tank out of it.

buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Maybe something akin to bulky TTar.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:06 pm

I knew one day "check out my guns" would turn literal.

I just didn't know it'd be Mega Blastoise to pull it off.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:51 am

I feel like it would just be terrible if Blastoise was offensive. It has a single STAB type and its best reliable options for coverage are like.... Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and like HP Grass/Electric. Its movepool is as shallow as Pontius Pilate's capacity for mercy. As shallow as Adolf Hitler's grave. As shallow as Evan's drowning pool.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:47 am

Well you have to consider Mega Mons could get a slightly tweaked move pool. We don't know much concerning Base Stats or Move Pools or anything else about them really other than abilities/typings.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:14 am

For example, Mega Ampharos now can get Dragon Pulse. Whether that means that the base Pokemon gets an improved movepool or if it's the Mega Pokemon who gets it, remains to be seen.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:53 pm

Hm. It could be similar to the DNA Splitter feature in Gen 5. Kyurem-B/W could only learn specific moves in that particular forme. But of course, Heatran gets Dragon Pulse. And it does jack shit. I'm worried that this tanky (no puns) Pokemon is going to get ruined and go the way of Typhlosion and Sceptile and Empoleon.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 pm

How could mega mons get a new move pool if the only get used in battles? So I highly doubt they would come with set move sets...be too predictable then... Maybe tweak their move pool
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:12 pm

To be fair Blastoise was only useful in 5th gen because of DW to start with so you're not losing too much if he does get "worse"
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Eh. Rain Dish was alright. He was a nice Utility Spinner. But once he loses that niche as Mega Blastoise, it'll kinda undefine who he is. He'll become Granbull. What's a Granbull?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

It really isn't THAT bad LOL but yeah as Awake said the poke itself might get a wider movepool (pre evo ofc) So we'll just have to wait and see.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Frashu Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:46 pm

not everyone cares about the metagame
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Agreed.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Korasi wrote:Agreed.
How does one go about agreeing when they were just arguing the opposite. Pray tell.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:00 pm

People who don't play competitive will love it. They'll put Attack EVs in it unknowingly and put Hydro Cannon, Muddy Water, Surf, and Aqua Jet on it. Those of us who do play competitive will recognise that something serious is about to change with Blastoise, and it will likely not be for the better unless its forme change stats are akin to Deoxys'.

Better?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Well considering that people will be able to at least tell EVs with that training thingie, I don't think that first part should be an issue. And that's the people who have no idea what's going on with stats and attacks in general.

Second part is okay if you're going really hard on the meta as soon as XY hit.

Which won't be me, so I'll just enjoy Mega Blastoise without worrying about it's stats and ability. c:
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next