Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. Nightmare Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. Sb10 Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. 21o6g49

Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation.

+2
L
WINTERFRESH
6 posters

Go down

Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. Empty Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation.

Post by WINTERFRESH Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:52 pm

So with the new Smash bros being announced for WiiU and 3DS last E3 I've been given plenty of time to think about the changes they may make.

This thread is for discussion regarding Super Smash bros "Universe"

New Characters: These are the characters I believe will be added to the game and why.

Paper Mario- With a new paper mario being released just days ago this could be a great marketing trick for nintendo. With Smash bros. being a popular series it could drive some attention to paper mario and get nintendo some extra revenue.

Zoroark- Mewtwo---> Lucario ----> Zoroark. It's a pattern. I believe the Zoroark will replace Lucario in the new Smash bros.

Brom- With a new Fire Emblem coming out we should expect a new character to be added to Universe from Fire Emblem. I think it will be Brom. Whether or not one of the old Fire Emblem characters will be replaced is to be seen.

That's all I have for now. I'll edit this with more speculations later. :3
I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation.

Post by L Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 pm

What about out of game characters? The first few(Sonic, Snake) probably brought them in some more, they might wanna add in more of them. Only....Nintendo pretty much is the definition of games, what else can they add? ._.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation. Empty Re: Super Smash Bros. Universe speculation.

Post by buckthefuffalo Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 pm

L wrote:What about out of game characters? The first few(Sonic, Snake) probably brought them in some more, they might wanna add in more of them. Only....Nintendo pretty much is the definition of games, what else can they add? ._.

Nah, there's a lot of iconic characters outside of Nintendo. Whether they would be able to fit into a Smash Bros. game or not is a different matter though.

Namco Bandai is helping with programming and such, so we could see some Tales of series characters.

I also really, really hope they drop Sonic. Probably not going to happen, but he was arguably the most boring character in the game.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 am

I hope that they buff Sheik a little bit. She's my main, and she really doesn't.... do a whole lot if you're just picking her up.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am

But that's because they nerfed sheik from melee =p
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 am

I know. I was so saaaaad.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:37 am

*skips past all comments after bucks*

Fuck you, Buck. That is all.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:13 am

Just because of Sonic.
**ahemgrowupmuchahem**
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 am

L wrote:*skips past all comments after bucks*

Fuck you, Buck. That is all.

Sorry your generic 2cool/fast4u furry character with no place in a fighting game has the least diverse moveset known to man and deserves to be a trophy assist at most.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Sonic the hedgehog has many many different fighting moves throughout his games. Someone didn't play sonic advance games....
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Yeah, Resh. He kicks. He punches. He turns into a ball. He shoots energy while in his ball. In Adventure Battle 2, he can stop time. And he can use Sonic Wind, nearly equivalent to shooting energy while in his ball. Wow. 6 moves! Holy shit! Nobody can even TOUCH that!
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:31 pm

L wrote:Sonic the hedgehog has many many different fighting moves throughout his games. Someone didn't play sonic advance games....

He isn't fit for a fighting game. A character whose games focus on speedrunning levels just won't blend in with a genre where planning is the norm and where you stay within a small space until someone wins.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Then Mario isn't allowed either. Their games are identical, only difference is the way they fight. Think a little more, seriously, please. Sonic and Mario have the same kind of games. And Sonic is confined to small spaces in boss battles. Mario levels actually still have time limits, so there's some speed running for you.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 pm

L wrote:Then Mario isn't allowed either. Their games are identical, only difference is the way they fight. Think a little more, seriously, please. Sonic and Mario have the same kind of games. And Sonic is confined to small spaces in boss battles. Mario levels actually still have time limits, so there's some speed running for you.

You seem to be forgetting that Mario is nintendo's mascot.
They dont even own Sonic.

Oh and Mario has way more possible moves than Sonic does. He got a new powerup in the new WiiU game. Plus all the other powerups brawl never used on him.
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22 pm

....dewah my brain it hurts re-think what you said plox.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:46 pm

They never used any of Sonic's power-ups to begin with. ._. Nintendo and Sega have a friendly relationship, they get money by making sonic and mario games. It's very reasonable for Sonic to be in brawn, Sega and Nintendo both get some extra money off it. Mario has about as many moves as Sonic does.

Spin dash, fire balls.
Kick and Punch, Kick and Punch.
Powerups, Powerups.
Speed, Strength.
Homing dash, Water gun thing.
Spring bounce, Hat....wing....things....
Double jump thing from sonic 2, Cape.

Sonic and Mario have a lot of pretty similar moves, and sonic isn't just RUN RUN RUN RUN he has a lot of things to fight with.

One last thing, I know who the fuck sonic is owned by. -.-'
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 pm

L wrote:They never used any of Sonic's power-ups to begin with. ._. Nintendo and Sega have a friendly relationship, they get money by making sonic and mario games. It's very reasonable for Sonic to be in brawn, Sega and Nintendo both get some extra money off it. Mario has about as many moves as Sonic does.

Spin dash, fire balls.
Kick and Punch, Kick and Punch.
Powerups, Powerups.
Speed, Strength.
Homing dash, Water gun thing.
Spring bounce, Hat....wing....things....
Double jump thing from sonic 2, Cape.

Sonic and Mario have a lot of pretty similar moves, and sonic isn't just RUN RUN RUN RUN he has a lot of things to fight with.

One last thing, I know who the fuck sonic is owned by. -.-'

All of Sonic's attacks are kicks, punches, and variations on his spinball, with his up-B being a spring.

Mario has a cape for reflecting projectiles, fireballs, spin attack, F.L.U.D.D., etc. His moves are way more diverse than Sonic's. Other than maybe their side-smash, they don't really have any moves in common, and side-smashes are usually pretty generic anyway.

Mario isn't a strength character. He's supposed to be all around. Sonic is a speed character, so if you aren't running all day erryday, you probably aren't playing him well, since he's meant to play mind-games with the opponent and annoy them with speed.

Also, the time limits in Mario games are pretty much irrelevant since you can easily stroll through it and have plenty of time left. They're both platformers, but they play very differently.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:13 pm

You just named all Mario's moves and only Sonic's most basic moves.
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:19 pm

L wrote:You just named all Mario's moves and only Sonic's most basic moves.

Because they're all he has. His B's are all variations of the spin dash.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm

L wrote:You just named all Mario's moves and only Sonic's most basic moves.

Correction: Mario can ground-pound. Mario has different variations of basic moves. Sonic's only redeeming quality is that stupid homing ability.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by WINTERFRESH Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:19 am

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/viewer.php?mode=article&id=50212

Thought you guys might find that interesting.
Of course I would flip my shit if Professor Layton made it into Universe Razz
WINTERFRESH
WINTERFRESH
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Awakening Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 am

If Jigglypuff is not in it I will flip shit at the fan, work on nuclear fusion in my house, get it to work, wire it up to an fan, send it to Japan's Nintendo HQ, and turn it on.

I'm serious you peasants.
Awakening
Awakening
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down