Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Get on some Bitches EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Get on some Bitches EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Get on some Bitches EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Get on some Bitches EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Get on some Bitches EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Get on some Bitches EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Get on some Bitches EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Get on some Bitches EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Get on some Bitches EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Get on some Bitches 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Get on some Bitches Nightmare Get on some Bitches Sb10 Get on some Bitches 21o6g49

Get on some Bitches

5 posters

Go down

Get on some Bitches Empty Get on some Bitches

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Ahur. Faked out with that title.

inb4censor

I like some new animes: Buso Renkin, Ral-Grad, Bakuman, and Blue Exorcist (Ao no Exorcist). And Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Get on some Bitches Empty Re: Get on some Bitches

Post by Lynjabear Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Things I've read/watched (including partly)-
Shaman King, Full Metal Alchemist, Black Cat, Naruto, Bleach, Ruroni Kenshin, Death note, Black Butler, Magic Knight Rayearth, Fairy Tail, DragonballZ, Code Geass, Whistle, Fruits Basket, Tsubasa,G Gundam, Pokemon, Zoids, Yu-gi-oh, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Osagi Yojimbo, Dragon Drive, Rave Master

Awful, Okay, Good, Excellent
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Lynjabear wrote:Things I've read/watched (including partly)-
Shaman King, Full Metal Alchemist, Black Cat, Naruto, Bleach, Ruroni Kenshin, Death note, Black Butler, Magic Knight Rayearth, Fairy Tail, DragonballZ, Code Geass, Whistle, Fruits Basket, Tsubasa,G Gundam, Pokemon, Zoids, Yu-gi-oh, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Osagi Yojimbo, Dragon Drive, Rave Master

What makes the Awful awful, and the Excellent excellent?
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Change Naruto to awful, bump DBZ to okay, and you've got an agreement.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:

You suck. -_-
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by L Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Pokemon would have been in dah blue back in deh day. But I totally agree, it fucking sucks now. I also agree for what I have watched out of that. :3
L
L
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Korasi wrote:
buckthefuffalo wrote:

You suck. -_-

In other words, you don't agree?
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 pm

buckthefuffalo wrote:
Korasi wrote:
buckthefuffalo wrote:

You suck. -_-

In other words, you don't agree?

Naruto isn't Awful, and DBZ is good.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 am

DBZ is awful. Sorry. The exponential power increase and lack of any plotline whatsoever is extremely hard to stomach. It's extremely long and never ever ends! The only remotely creative thing is the are the names "Dr.Briefs" and "Trunks." Other than that, it's quite plain, cliche, and bad.

Naruto isn't hot stuff, but it isn't a low as DBZ is. The fight scenes are somewhat interesting, and the background music and animation can make the anime touching at some points (a great example is the Gaara scene with his uncle's death). The characters are very simple and the story is easy to predict (Naruto is going to be the strongest ninja ever. We know this from episode 1) but it has a sort of charm and the characters are livable and diverse. However, it is very, very, repetitive, with cliche themes and overused phrases.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 am

Lynjabear wrote:DBZ is awful. Sorry. The exponential power increase and lack of any plotline whatsoever is extremely hard to stomach. It's extremely long and never ever ends! The only remotely creative thing is the are the names "Dr.Briefs" and "Trunks." Other than that, it's quite plain, cliche, and bad.

Naruto isn't hot stuff, but it isn't a low as DBZ is. The fight scenes are somewhat interesting, and the background music and animation can make the anime touching at some points (a great example is the Gaara scene with his uncle's death). The characters are very simple and the story is easy to predict (Naruto is going to be the strongest ninja ever. We know this from episode 1) but it has a sort of charm and the characters are livable and diverse. However, it is very, very, repetitive, with cliche themes and overused phrases.

What you're not getting is, DBZ was one of the first mangas of its kind. Cliche wasn't cliche back then. It was avant-garde.

As for your Naruto synopsis, that's what makes it fun. It's an easy read, gives some good laughs, and has some pretty infectious action. I can see where a girl wouldn't go for it, as opposed to Fruits Basket or Vampire Knight, but come on now. Naruto is the most popular manga in the world.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:41 am

Korasi wrote:What you're not getting is, DBZ was one of the first mangas of its kind. Cliche wasn't cliche back then. It was avant-garde.

As for your Naruto synopsis, that's what makes it fun. It's an easy read, gives some good laughs, and has some pretty infectious action. I can see where a girl wouldn't go for it, as opposed to Fruits Basket or Vampire Knight, but come on now. Naruto is the most popular manga in the world.

DBZ has little appeal outside of nostalgia. It was cool as a kid and all, and pretty creative, but (the original at least, might be different for Kai) hasn't aged well. It goes on for fucking ever and the fights took way longer than what was needed to emphasize the ordeals and difficulty of the battle. Not good, not terrible. Just okay. It's a classic, but that doesn't necessarily free it from criticism.

Naruto was barely funny, and the fights were incredibly predictable. Being popular doesn't necessarily make it good, as it's an entry level manga/anime so the amount of people who have read/watched it is going to be high. It also had cliches out the yin-yang and again, it goes on for fucking ever. I know the filler isn't canon, but there was a lot of it, especially between the two main arcs and it didn't amount to much. The beginning of the second arc was a tad slow for my tastes, and it seems like that in order to tug at the fan's heartstrings, they're just killing everyone off. Bad, bad anime and you couldn't pay me to watch it.

If you take it lightly (which you seem to), it might be alright. But the fact is it tries way too hard to be serious/edgy for that to be an overall appeal of it.

Also, the anime itself doesn't get points off for this, but the fanbase is one of the most retarded out there and rivals even the bronies for levels of obnoxiousness and annoying man-children. Obviously there are always going to be some exceptions, but I feel like slitting my wrist every time I see someone talking about how Naruto is the best anime ever when they've only watched it or very little anime or how Sasuke is super deep. And god help them if they wear one of those headbands in public and start making ninjustsu handsigns, or run with their arms behind their back.

Last edited by buckthefuffalo on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 am

DBZ is bad. No plotline.

BITCH MAJINN BUU.
Evan
Evan
War Veterans
War Veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 am

Evan wrote:DBZ is bad. No plotline.

BITCH MAJINN BUU.

Whatever. SS2 Trunks for the win. Trunks in GENERAL, for the win.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:40 pm

DragonBallZ's art was also bad. The costumes were icky and stuff.

I actually dislike most Shojo. I forgot to include Ouran High Host Club, which was Shojo and terrible.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Lynjabear wrote:DragonBallZ's art was also bad. The costumes were icky and stuff.

I actually dislike most Shojo. I forgot to include Ouran High Host Club, which was Shojo and terrible.

I agree that the art was a little terrible, but the style is pretty cool. And again. It was the beginning of it's genre.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Lynjabear wrote:DragonBallZ's art was also bad. The costumes were icky and stuff.

The art made sense for its time. I don't know how much older anime you watch, but that was about the general look. They couldn't do much better because it just wasn't there.

It would be like hating on an 8-bit game for the graphics.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Well, I didn't start watching anything until 2005, so, I guess I was used to later art?
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Lynjabear wrote:Well, I didn't start watching anything until 2005, so, I guess I was used to later art?

Yeah. You're used to more modernized stuff.
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum