Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion Nightmare Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion Sb10 Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion 21o6g49

Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion

4 posters

Go down

Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion Empty Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion

Post by Lynjabear Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Suggestion for how to decide Elite Four / Champ / Gym Positions -

I think that battling admins is a good enough test for the gym positions, but for the Elite Four and Champion positions, I think there should be a ladder competition on PO, as in the highest peak, in say a week, or the highest amount of points. I say this with because battling admins, it's only a few fights, and hax, luck, or eccentricies/gimmicks on either team could really throw off the results. With laddering, the contestant faces a wider range of opponents, most very powerful as the contestant for one of the slots climbs, and one haxy match won't really sway the team too much.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion Empty Re: Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion

Post by Frashu Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:50 pm

That really sounds like a great idea, and it does prove to show how one can fight many opponents, the role of an E4 member. hmm..
Frashu
Frashu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion Empty Re: Nightmare "League" Positions Suggestion

Post by buckthefuffalo Tue May 01, 2012 5:16 pm

There really shouldn't even be a Champion until we have everyone else set up first. Then if someone can go through the league normally, they can have champ. That's my take on it at least.

Anyway, you mentioned certain PO competitions potentially working, but that too depends on a certain amount of luck-particularly whom you get matched with and their skill. Back when I played, I would have days where I got so many wins it wasn't even funny, and then others where I would get my team stomped all day. That's why I think something on a smaller and more local scale, such as a tournament for those interested, would be more effective in choosing E4 members.

That said, the only problem with a tournament would be organization. Deciding E4 members in that way, depending on the size of applicants, could take quite a while. Couple that with needing at least a best 2/3 system to avoid hax causing problems and you could have a problem. If we can pull it off well enough and everyone would show up if dates were mentioned, I'd be fine with that. In fact I'd like it much more than admins deciding, considering we really only have two who can battle and even then it's sketchy since it isn't as fool-proof as a tournament, at least in my opinion.
buckthefuffalo
buckthefuffalo
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Sat May 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Why not make it so the top four gym leaders with the best record become elite 4 ?
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynjabear Sat May 05, 2012 11:07 pm

That's disadvantageous for those with worse types. For example, a mono-dark gym might have a harder time coping than water, simply because of the nature of that type and the amount of pokemon available.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronoDuck Sun May 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Well doesn't your method also disadvantage those with limited Pokemon?

Also I think if someone with a good record uses a less diverse type like dark I would say they are better than the water user with an equal record, all comes down to the player's ability.
ChronoDuck
ChronoDuck
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down