Nightmare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Falling Snow
Weekly news
We want to hear from you! Go to the 'General' section and say what you want to say. Start a new topic if you wish.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 285 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:07 pm
Latest topics
» The Missing Constellation
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» y helo, it is i, tito
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 am by Evan

» Sup, I'm Evan.
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am by Evan

» I am the best waifu.
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 am by MasterDudex5

» add me on skype and read me complain about random desu.
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:46 am by MasterDudex5

» Spam Posting/Reviving Dead Threads
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptySun Sep 04, 2016 12:06 am by L

» What Movie Does Nightmare Want to Watch This Spring?
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:36 pm by L

» You know what to do if it happens.
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm by L

» STR8 IS BACK
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:02 pm by Luck

Statistics
We have 490 registered users
The newest registered user is Poisonberries

Our users have posted a total of 15531 messages in 1327 subjects
Our awesome Affiliates!
which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? 5402057060_8f64daaa27_o which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? Nightmare which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? Sb10 which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? 21o6g49

which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ?

+2
Lynjabear
Seamus
6 posters

Go down

which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? Empty which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ?

Post by Seamus Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:04 am

hi, When I first heard of Digimon, I couldn't stop laughing. How cheap did that sound??? i never knew Digimon would actually become popular. So in my freetime, I decided to watch a few episodes of Digimon and compare it to Pokemon. I was quite surprised in what I found out:

Characters:
I think that the characters in Digimon were actually pretty well made I think. Unlike Pokemon which has 3 main characters, Digimon has very many characters. Everything about them is actuall quality, their interaction with the world is very good, and they are realisticly made. The digimon are also quite well made, and more well thought of than Pokemon. The characters in Digimon greatly exceed the quality of those in Pokemon. In Pokemon, Ash, Brock, and Misty are quite vague, and have virtually no backrounds. The Pokemon in you guessed it...Pokemon are quite cheap, and very stupid. The Pokemon to Owner interaction in the show Pokemon is quite minimal and poor. In Digimon for instance, there is a lot of actual interaction between the humans and digimon. That seems to make the show more amusing.

Plot:
The plot of Digimon is that the good guys and the good digimon have to defeat the evil digimon. Pretty complex, huh? Actually, the plot in Digimon works very well. There are many twists and turns in the show that make it more interesting. Pokemon is virtually the same boring thing, Pokemon fights, and pretty CR@PPY morals. In Digimon, there is actually something called "emotions". Some of the characters can get hurt emotionally, yes really... In Pokemon, "Oh my god, I lost a Pokemon fight. What shall I do now??? My life is over." Ok, there are virtually no morals or any REAL emotions that come from pokemon. Digimon actually demonstrates everyone caring for each other and shows good morals, while pokemon doesn't show much true friendship in it. Ash just wants to be the best pokemon trainer, wow... what great morals and ideas can be learned from this. In Digimon on the other hand, everyone works TOGETHER to fight the evil digimon.

Seamus
New to the Nightmare
New to the Nightmare

Back to top Go down

which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? Empty Re: which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ?

Post by Lynjabear Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd have to say I prefer pokemon to digimon. I don't have perhaps as cohesive of an argument as you, and I agree with the fact that the anime is not too great, but the main part of pokemon I enjoy are the games and stuffed animals. The pokemon games are something else entirely, and aren't like first person shooter games, and don't even require fast reaction times or good timing, yet requires a large part in skill. I love stuffed animal pokemon and other merchandise, and in my opinion, digimon merchandise isn't as good, possibly because of the difference in popularity. I don't really watch the show, so I can't tell which one is better in that way, but in general, I like pokemon more.
Lynjabear
Lynjabear
Dream
Dream

http:// [scroll][img]https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j375/wa

Back to top Go down

which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ? Empty Re: which is best, Digimon or Pokemon ?

Post by shiratori Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Well; i prefer pokemon over digimon both game and anime.
+ 1st pokemon story is well develop than digimon; reasons ? In all the
digimon season i have never seen any adult using digimon; they're all
kids, seriously those are digital monster; anyone can command them then
why only kids ? And the bad guys are digimon; really ? an A.I monster
without safe code ? and if they are that evil why dont they just attack
and kill the kids already why on earth that they have to duel with the
partner digimon? there are not bad guy using digimon ? common they're
powerful than a tank or a Nuke and no one ever though of using them as
weapon ? Pokemon ? there are good guys and bad guys; pokemons are just
companion, friends, animal; the story is more well thought and their
world are more realistic. You may think it's boring, but that how's a
stable world goes; no stupid idea and loops hole.
+2nd evolution; i understand pokemon evolution; digimon, not so much. I
mean what the heck are they getting older or are they transforming like
super ranger ? and where are those eggs coming from ? common what are
you trying to do in that world ? For all i understand the digimon world
is a mess up world, they tried to make it like a normal nature world but
then drop in the middle and move on to SFic world.
+3rd Story line; pokemon is a solid realistic story that everyone can
relate to. Digimon, what the heck; the first 2-3 season and the others
are completely different. And saving the world ? common that a digital
world; what there to save ? and how on earth a digital world can effect a
real world ? if this is for teenager to watch i would consider it
really stupid; suddenly there are a mass of matter appear out of no
where; it's define every laws of Physic. And for godsake if they are
that dangerous why dont you just destroy the pc or whatever you store
them. tamers; partners blah blah.. idiotic.

You guys said that pokemon story is the same for all the seasons; think
why it is the same and still popular; because that how it's suppose to
be; a stable world follow rules of that world - rules, not society laws -
it's the same as the real world; everyday going to work and back home.
Digimon only focus on the actions not the stories, the whole world of
digimon could be summed up in 1 word "stupid".

shiratori
New to the Nightmare
New to the Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Safiliwen Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Damn that's one big wall of text, could you like think of breaking it up into paragraphs or something, just to make it a little more pleasent to read.
Safiliwen
Safiliwen
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by kanine9 Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 am

Ok first of all there was one reason that only kids can have digimon partners. It is said that digimon are more attracted to the children more than the adults because the children prefers to play the game more than the humans at the early days it was released. There is also proof that in season 2 the season 1 characters had to find someone to take their place mostly because they are getting older and getting busier with their daily lives. Plus somehow seeing an adult with a digimon is kinda...not the same as seeing ne with a child.

For the plot, yes there are bad digimons and stuff and if you said to kill the trainers? Is that good for the anime to do? That would really be bad you know. And then is destroying the pc even good as well? You have to destroy every pc there is in the world if you think about that plus the digimon lives in another world and also in the air because they are made out of data so they also roam around the real world as well since the world is filled with magnetic waves now.

And of course the digimon season are completely different because it introduces more characters with new digimon partners. I doubt they would find a new partner if their digivice is mostly meant for the destined partner. Except for season 4 they themselves can be a digimon.

The evolution is also nothing to complain about. It differentiates itself more to pokemon as it has a branch. If you wanna be this digimon which is on the other route then degenerate and go to that route. Digimon can age and actually it's their minds that age and their body just change. They also prefer to stay on one form as its their most comfortable form and would rather not evolve.

The world of digimon changes also because there are like...versions. In season 1 was like the first version and season 2 was the same and so on. At season 3 it looks very different as in that time the digimon world was becoming abandoned by the humans and has very few areas now (probably erased some areas). and so on goes to the other seasons. Or you can say every new version makes a new digimon world. Notice that season 3 uses cards and not the other seasons.

kanine9
New to the Nightmare
New to the Nightmare

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 pm

The English in this thread... Too strong...
Aaron
Aaron
Dream
Dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down